ABOUT US >>
   
 
About the Institute
 
 
This institute was established in the year 1956 by the Adimjati Shiksha Ashram to provide technical education to the students of the North-Eastern States. The Government of Manipur took over the institute in 1972 from the said Ashram and renamed it as the Government Polytechnic, Imphal. Since its inception, the institute has been running Three years Diploma courses in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering to train the youths of Eastern region. Later on, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Diploma in Pharmacy were introduced in the year 1994-95 and 1995-96 respectively.
The campus of the Government Polytechnic, Imphal spread over 20 acres and has large number of class rooms, laboratory and workshop buildings. Further many buildings are yet to come up to meet the growing need for expansion and introduction of new courses.
 
 
Objectives
 
 
The main objective of the Government Polytechnic, Imphal is to produce technicians at supervisory level to feed the demand of Technical Manpower in various fields of development activities. It also prepares the students for lateral entry to pursue degree courses in the appropriate stream/trade.
 
 
Affiliation & Recognition Status
 
 
Since its inception, the institute was affiliated to the State Council for Technical Education, Assam. With a change in the Government policy, the Polytechnic is affiliated to the Manipur University since the year 1987. Its main objectives are to introduce new courses to meet the local needs, to conduct the examination and declaration of the result in normal schedule.
The institution was also recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) respectively.